Re: performance problems with amd64

> So do you run powernowd? Or have you tried disabling Cool & Quiet in the bios?
>
> -Pascal

I'm not sure what is powernowd or the 'Cool & Quiet' setting in the
bios: I'll look into those once I get back home.
As for your other question, the same computer was running without
these problems about a year ago - I went
travelling for a while, and when i returned home, I've dist-upgraded
everything and I have the hiccups since then.
The same machine also has Windows XP on it, and as far as I can
remember right now, running video or graphics
on the XP side doesn't show any of the symptoms. I'll make sure of
that too once I get to my computer.
Thanx,
Avishai.