Re: New problem with an hp CD5750

Le mardi 03 avril 2007 à 10:59 -0400, Lennart Sorensen a écrit :

> Well if it is emulating an old ide controller, then you only get generic
> IDE drivers, which means no DMA but rather PIO, which is limited to
> about 2MB/s.  That's the speed my old 486 gets on disk accesses.
>
> You might need a 2.6.20 or newer kernel along with setting the bios to
> run the SATA in native mode in order to get anything reasonable
> performance wise.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

I had a try with the 2.6.20.4 kernel and the same settings and a liilt
bit of :
make oldconfig
But I don't know how to setup LILO to boot either with the "old" kernel
and HDA or with the "new" kernel and SDA and how to deal with the fstab
problem !
SDA or HDA that is the question !
Is there a mean/trick to have a sort of "equivalence" between /dev/sda
and /dev/hda or a parameter to say : please see "SDA" as "HDA" !

Regards

Storm66