Re: gcc-4.1

On 01-Apr-2007 20:52.50 (BST), Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
 >    Has anyone noticed that gcc is older in experimental for amd64 than for
 > other architectures. It seems to me like dependencies that go in circles.
 >    If so, does anyone have an explanation? I wanted to compile the newest
 > version of openoffice but I need this version of gcc for that.

The packages in experimental don't seem to build for all architectures -
another example is gnome-applets, which has been built for i386 only.

Sometimes it is because of failure to build on that architecture. Sometimes
it just doesn't build.

Look at the per-package build logs at buildd.debian.org for more information.

rob andrews                       :: pgp 0x01e00563 :: rob@choralone.org