Re: MSI K8T Neo2-F etch compatible?

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 10:39:03AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 12:09:37PM +0100, Mark Walter wrote:
> > ich would like to know if the motherboard from MSI K8T Neo2-F is
> > supported from etch on a 64-bit machine.
> >
> > This motherboard is not listed here within:
> >
> > https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/27/mainboards.html
> >
> > Thank's for your comments!
>
> I run an Asus A8V Deluxe, which uses the same chipset, and is working
> very well (even works fine with sarge).
>
> Not sure about the ethernet, since the A8V uses a marvel yukon (skge),
> while the MSI uses a realtek 8110S (which I try to avoid on principle).
> Other than networking I am sure the rest works great.  A quick google
> seach does however seem to indicate the ethernet works fine too.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

I'm running etch on MSI K8T Neo2-FIR as a server, and the ethernet is
working OK. It's using the Realtek 8169 gigabit driver.

I compile my own kernels, but the r8169.ko module seems to be included
in the linux-image-2.6.18-3-amd64 package, so it should work with
Debian packaged kernels as well.

BTW: Len, why do you avoid Realtek 8110S? Is it somehow unreliable or
Linux-unfriendly? I'm just curious, so I can start avoiding it
knowingly, if there are some issues to avoid it :)

Simo
--
:r ~/.signature