Re: 2D,3D,nvidia,nv?

I strongly suggest to use nvidia driver, of course no one needs 3D
accel (except to play) but the experience is better, if the nvidia
driver works for you without flaws use it.

And that's true if you don't use 3D or at least xscreensaver-gl use a
cheap video card and give that one to a young boy hungry to play
3D-games.

Good luck