Re: 2D,3D,nvidia,nv?

On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 09:31:18PM +0000, Paul Brook wrote:
> On Sunday 17 December 2006 21:03, Brian R. Whitecotton wrote:
>
> > The 2D nv driver is fine but the nvidia driver is better.
>
> Your definition of better is very different to mine.
>
> The open source does everything I need (high resolution, fast 2d, video).
> The binary driver doesn't work at all under Xen, and locks up periodically on
> half my machines.

That was my problem too: The nvidia-driver made it possible to play
games on my machine, but therefore I had to reinstall my whole debian
several times, because it broke my system frequently while playing
3d-games.

Since I'm using nv all works perfect and stable - without gameplay,
but: who needs them?

sigi.