Re: 2D,3D,nvidia,nv?

On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 05:24:31PM -0600, Jaime Ochoa Malag?n wrote:
> I strongly suggest to use nvidia driver, of course no one needs 3D
> accel (except to play) but the experience is better, if the nvidia
> driver works for you without flaws use it.
>
> And that's true if you don't use 3D or at least xscreensaver-gl use a
> cheap video card and give that one to a young boy hungry to play
> 3D-games.

Origionally, I set out to buy a cheap video card on the belief that I
couldn't afford one that had the hardware jpeg conversion for watching
video (yes I know that in the absence of hardware the software can do
it).  It turned out that this one was the chapest that my local store
could get.  It seems to be only missing the full hardware suite (it does
some) for HD movies.

Do both the nv and nvidia give me that hardware jpeg accelleration?

Doug.