Re: kernel 2.6.19: system freeze with blinking CapsLock and ScrollLock leds

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 02:06:10PM -0800, Max A. wrote:

> btw, with a dual-head video card and two monitors is it possible to
> have X showing on one monitor and text console on the other (to get a
> kernel panic message printed out there)?

AFAIK with a single dual-headed card that is not possible. With two
cards it might work, provided that the video driver in X can drive the
second card without ever touching the legacy VGA I/O space (since that
can be enabled for only one card at a time, and there is no
infrastructure currently to arbitrate which card has it enabled).

Serial console or netconsole is far easier.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences