Re: Mozilla native amd64 flash plugin: libflash-mozplugin vs. swf-player vs. mozilla-plugin-gnash

See I use firefox, or as their calling it in unstable now Iceweasel.

I've been using it for a few days now and it seems to be doing okay.....  the only questionable thing i've noticed was ONE time i had maybe three tabs open and i had 100% processor usage.

i ran top in a console and noticed that gnash was using 97% of my resources......  i just closed my browsers and restarted them and I haven't run into that problem since.

I've heard that it can be picky. I haven't used it on seamonkey, but i can vouch for it on Firefox.

     -Andy

On 12/6/06, Max A. <maxale@gmail.com> wrote:
On 12/6/06, Andrew Syrewicze <asyrewicze@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just felt that this was worth mentioning.  There is a gnash package for
> AMD64 in the unstable repositories. I've just recently tried it and it
> generally seems to work pretty well.

Andy,

I've got a different experience. The gnash plugin freezes my Seamonkey
1.1b as soon as I open website with flash. ;(

Max

--
   -Andrew Syrewicze