Fwd: Mozilla native amd64 flash plugin: libflash-mozplugin vs. swf-player vs. mozilla-plugin-gnash

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Syrewicze <asyrewicze@gmail.com>
Date: Dec 6, 2006 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: Mozilla native amd64 flash plugin: libflash-mozplugin vs. swf-player vs. mozilla-plugin-gnash
To: "Santiago R. Lunar M." <santiago.lunar@gmail.com >

On 12/6/06, Santiago R. Lunar M. < santiago.lunar@gmail.com> wrote:
Max A. escribió:
> Hello!
>
> Quick search revealed three native amd64 flash plugins for Mozilla:
>
> libflash-mozplugin - GPL Flash (SWF) Library - Mozilla-compatible plugin
> mozilla-plugin-gnash - free Flash movie player - Plugin for Mozilla
> and derivatives
> swf-player - Mozilla plugin for SWF files (Macromedia Flash)
>
> Which one to choose?
>
> Thanks,
> Max

The best way to have flash workin' is installing Gnash, the problem is
that there is no amd64 package for it. You will have to make a chroot
with the instructions given on The Debian GNU/Linux AMD64 How-to [1]. I
did it and it went right. By the way i'm using Etch. The only problem is
that i'm experimenting some sound problems but i'm workin' on it.

[1] =
https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#id292205

--
santiago.lunar@jabberes.org
a.K.a [chantanito]

--

Just felt that this was worth mentioning.  There is a gnash package for AMD64 in the unstable repositories. I've just recently tried it and it generally seems to work pretty well. Might be worth looking into if you guys don't feel like haveing to setup a chroot.

     -Andy

--
   -Andrew Syrewicze