Re: apparent crashes persist.

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 08:28:12AM +1000, Alexander Samad wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 11:05:02AM -0400, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:

> If you have another machine then you could push the kernel messages out
> ttyS0 and have the second machine hooked into ttyS0 with minitab and log
> all the messages, that way you would capture all the error information !

I did mention in the bug report that if an xterm has keyboard focus at
the time of the "crash", it retains it and I can go on executing shell
commands.  This is how I got the dmesg output in the bug report -- after
the "crash".  Mouse frozen, ctl-alt-function keys dead, but ordinary
ASCII still alive.

But this suggestion is good for the times that an xterm isn't active...

-- hendrik