Re: multiarch support in latest libc6?

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it> writes:

> 	I just noticed that the latest libc6 updates brought us some brand
> new directories such as /etc/ld.so.conf.d/, /lib/ldconfig/... Does this mean

Been there for a while, at least /lib/ldconfig/

> that, unannounced, real multiarch support the Debian way (or a first step
> towards this) is entering unstable? Where can some documentation be found on
> this? I would rather like to be able to integrate my i386 chroot in this as
> cleanly as possible, instead of having to replace links here and there to
> /lib32, /usr/lib32, /lib/ld-linux.so.2 etc. every time libc6-i386 is
> updated. Or, otherwise, I would like to be able to dispose of the chroot
> altogether, if it's not needed anymore.

The /lib/ldconfig/ conatins links to the actual system library
directories that aren't default anyway. Currently that means the
/emul/ia32-linux/... dirs. But the only affect this has is that
packages don't have to modify /etc/ld.so.conf anymore and the file is
left completly for the user to use.

Put your chroot into /etc/ld.so.conf if you like.

> Bye
> Giacomo

MfG
        Goswin