Re: get rid of landlord

On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 07:47:22AM +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> Netinstall with daily build 20 July, mirror ftp.uni-koeln.de, install
> --Desktop environment
> --Standard system
>
> whereby I got gnome and I have not yet found a way to get rid of it (or,
> preferably, set it aside, to use it for e-mail should my i386 machine go
> down).

Hi Francesco,

Fyi: Selecting "Desktop environment" during install is responsible
for having gnome and automatic start of it.
If you want a minimum system, it is better to install nothing
besides the Standard system and select later only the required
packages.
$> aptitude purge gnome xdm ...
should also work, if you do not run into dependency problems.

Alexander