Re: sid udev users, be careful with udev upgrade

Le 24.04.2006 13:41:58, Angus Mackenzie a écrit :
I echo the caution.

I rebooted and was dismayed to find that the machine did not complete
booting.
No network interfaces (including lo) were found. Booting back into
repair
mode, ifconfig showed nothing. Error messages showed No such device

After rewriting my own rules I tried to reboot with 0.090-3. I failed for the same reason, no lo.

I replaced 0.090-3 with 0.089-1 and got the same problem.
So I retruned to 0.090-3 and failed...

I had to power cycle the machine to get the lo interface back.

I'm still wondering what was wrong there.

I used dpkg  --force-depends to allow me to step back to udev 0.089-1
from /var/cache/apt/archives. This allows me to boot to desktop or
console
but hasn´t given me a network interface (eth0 is now named eth0-ifr or
some
such)

I see udev 0.090-4 has appeared; looks like I will be installing it
from
floppy!

K8VX Mainboard, Sempron 64 (my amd-64 died) 2.6.16-1-amd64-k8
Unstable from uk.debian.org
Inside leg 28 1/2 inches

AAM