Re: Xorg 7.0 start problem

> > > I have upgraded my system to xorg 7.0 but at start I got this error:
> > >
> > > xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to Xservere
> > > xinit: No such process (errno 3): server error
>
> > There should be some lines before that, that may explain the problem.
>
> no, they are only lines returned launching startx via root.
>
> > I had something like that because my sources for debian packages weren't
> > up-to-date, which resulted in some xorg packages not being installed.
>
> two days ago I have changed my sources.list from "debian-amd64" to
> "debian". Could be it the problem (partial packages from a repo)?

Solved. It was a dependencies problem. I have installed manually:

apt-get install xserver-xorg
apt-get install nvidia-kernel-common
apt-get install xfonts-100dpi
apt-get install xfonts-75dpi
apt-get install xserver-common
apt-get install xfonts-misc
apt-get install xfonts-speedo
apt-get install xfonts-base xfonts-base-transcoded

and now it works. I just must remake nvidia driver.

Giulio