Re: Gnome in unstable

Le 08.04.2006 17:43:13, reeses1@comcast.net a écrit :
From: Albert Oliver Serra <brosaj@menta.net>
> Hello

aries:~# apt-get -t testing install libebook1.2-3
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Package libebook1.2-3 is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source
E: Package libebook1.2-3 has no installation candidate

because it doesn't exist.  I'm sure that people who already have gnome
installed have the packages, but why would they be removed from the
archives when other packages still depend on them?  I have a feeling
that it's just me and has to do with installing from the testing
builds, but I can't install from stable because the 2.6.8 kernels on
those installs won't boot on my machine.

I've not found libebook1.2-3, but libebook1.2-5 (with bothe the sid and testing sources) :

[jean-luc@tangerine] % apt-cache policy libebook1.2-5
libebook1.2-5:
  Installé : 1.4.2.1-2
  Candidat : 1.4.2.1-2
 Table de version :
 *** 1.4.2.1-2 0
        900 ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org sid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.4.2.1-1 0
        500 ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org testing/main Packages

Jean-Luc