Re: Openoffice2.org + amd64 + java: Paths ?

Hi,

Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> I have just installed Openoffice2 in my 64-bit-system from
>
> ftp://ftp-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/debian/oo64/

*If* you want amd64 native debs, take the ones from
people.debian.org/~rene/openoffice.org/2.0.2/experimental.
I will try to keep it up to date with package uploads.

Please. Don't use old, buggy 2.0.1-1. Please...

> Openoffice can not find the java runtime environment. I have installed jre-1.4
> (Debian-package). Strace tells me , it cannot find the path to java. So I
> wanted to confiure it manually in "Options". But what is the correct path ?
> Could you please tell me ? I saw the same thread in the forum some time ago,
> but I found no solution.

I fear Java isn't working at all yet (except with gcj/gij, in which
case you can just install java-hcj-compat-dev and it should work.

Regards,

Rene