Re: Openoffice2.org + amd64 + java: Paths ?

Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
Hello all,

I have just installed Openoffice2 in my 64-bit-system from

ftp://ftp-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/debian/oo64/

Yes, ist is running, and yes, I know, it is not officially supported, and yes, I know, it has still some bugs. Anyway, it works, but with a slight problem:

Openoffice can not find the java runtime environment. I have installed jre-1.4 (Debian-package). Strace tells me , it cannot find the path to java. So I wanted to confiure it manually in "Options". But what is the correct path ? Could you please tell me ? I saw the same thread in the forum some time ago, but I found no solution.
What do you get if you type "which java"? If it's not in your path (but it should be if you installed the debian package), you could try

export PATH=/usr/local/jre1.5.0/bin:$PATH

-- substituting the actual location of your java bin directory for "/usr/local/jre1.5.0/bin".

Dave

Thanks for help !

Best regards

Hans