Re: quiet dual dual-core opteron

On 3/26/06, Peter A. H. Peterson <pedro@tastytronic.net> wrote:
> That answers my questions -- I just wasn't sure if I had to
> meticulously mask out areas for when I reassembled the case or if you
> could pretty much just put it back to gether if you sprayed the whole
> insides... anyway, I think you answered my question, thanks.
>
> Peter
>
> Quoting Naz Gassiep:
> > It looks and acts like spray paint. Its a bit thicker and has a rubbery
> > feel once applied. You can  spray it over screw holes and then just
> > poke screws through it if it occludes the hole. I don't know what you
> > mean by "how much space does it take up", its just like applying a coat
> > of paint.
> >
> > - Naz.
> >
> > Peter A. H. Peterson wrote:
> > >Quoting Naz Gassiep:

> > >How much space does it take up? Like, do I have to be careful about
> > >spraying it so that I can reassemble the case or is it unobtrusive
> > >enough to just spray everywhere?
> > >
> > >Thanks,
> > >
> > >Peter
> > >

> > --
> > MrNaz photo gallery and journal at:
> > www.mrnaz.com
>
> --
> Peter A. H. Peterson, technician and musician.
>  ---=[ http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/ ]=---
>

> --

I'd fit the machine all together first.  I have a two different cases
in which the powersupply goes in as a friction fit, and barely in at
that.  Any addition to the outside of the ps would make it impossible
to fit in the case.  Well, at least not with some dremeling.

That said, where as normal paint may add as little as a few
thousandths of an inch to a surface, this stuff will be quite a bit
thicker.  Oh, 7 ten thousandths, approx it says:

Recommended Thickness: 0.070" (1.78 mm)

That's not chump-change to even loosely fitted parts, especially when
you factor in two sides, as appropriate to some components.

However, it should be much easier to just poke holes through it to
clear out through screwholes after the fact.  Non-through screwholes
could be another issue.

Automotive supplies can come in handy for case modding.  If you want
to recolor plastic parts (faceplates), look into vinyl-die.  Works
awesome.

--
Noah Dain
"Single failures can occur for a variety of reasons that have nothing