ATI-driver will not start with 3D-acceleration (Update)

Hello all,

I looked into my system, and I suppose, the reaeson, why my ATI-acceleration
does not work, might be due to the 64-Bit incompabiltiy. I found two
different libGL.so,1.2 and two different fglrx_drv.so. These seem to be for
32-Bit and 64-Bit. So far, so good. And I found several symlinks, pointing to
the different libGL.so.1.2 and fglrx_drv.so.

Now my question: Where should the symlinks point to ?

These are the paths, where I found symlinks:

/usr/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib64

Hope, I did not forgot one. I suppose, the reason is, that the kernel-module
and the fglrx-driver do not play together, due the kernel-driver is 64-bit
(should be compiled this way !) and the driver 32-bit (due to wrong symlinks
by the crappy ATI-installer) Could that be ?

Any help will be welcome. I tried all other postings out without success.
(thanks you very much till now!)

Best regards

Hans

Best regards