Re: USB devices not being seen

Paul Brook wrote:
>>     This has happened with a mp3 player and two cell phones (a Motorola
>> C650 and a Sony-Ericsson K750i), so it's not a problem with the device.
>> What's strange is that the connection is detected by the devices: the
>> mp3 player, for example, turns on and displays the usual screen shown
>> when it's connected to the computer. I've even tried plugging it without
>> the battery and it still turns on. Also, the K750i, when plugged,
>> supposedly starts charging (which is the expected behaviour). However,
>> even though it appears to be charging, when I left it plugged for a long
>> time I noticed it did not appear to have charged anything.
>>

> Laptops sometimes only have low-power usb sockets. Both the devices you
> mention sound like they may require power over USB.
> Try connecting the devices via a self-powered USB hub (ie. one with its own AC
> power supply).

Well, it's a desktop computer. Motherboard is an Asus K8U-X, by the way.
And at least the mp3 player is no more than a pendrive with an lcd and a
couple buttons ;-) Never though these to be power-hungry devices.

On the other hand, I've just tried and in the same port that at the
moment does not see the mp3 player, a simple standard pendrive _is_ seen
and recognized.

--
If you can't be good, be careful.  If you can't be careful, give me a call.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@bol.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb