Re: printing problem (etch/cups/hp)...

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 01:36:40AM +0100, fred wrote:
> Hi,
>
> But I can't print anything on my x86_64 linuxbox.
>
> But when I want to print a page test under cups webadmin page, I get the
> following message: "Printer not connected; will retry in 30 seconds..."
>
> Any suggestion are welcome.

I had a similar problem and got the same message after I just had
installed cups on amd64 debian etch.
After a reboot (it is a workstation) printing, e.g. test page from
cups webadmin, works.

I just still have an issue with cutoff margins, but this is related
to the driver and the ppd file, I guess.

cupsys 1.2.5-1
gs-esp 8.15.3.dfsg.1-1
Linux deb64a 2.6.17-2-amd64 #1 SMP
x86_64 GNU/Linux