Re: compiz windows without borders

> > http://wiki.debian.org/Compiz
> > but when I launch from shell "compiz --replace &" window borders
> > vanishing and windows are not more clickable.
> > I use nvidia 5700 with last drivers available on unstable repository.

> Unlike most other window managers, compiz does not draw window borders.
> Instead, drawing window borders is handled by "gnome-window-decorator"
> or "gtk-window-decorator". You should start that before compiz.

It doesn't work for me. But I have not "gnome-window-decorator", I have only "gtk-window-decorator". I have installed compiz-gnome too, but it doesn't contain "gnome-window-decorator". However, I read in a guide to launch this if borders vanishing:

rm -r ~/.gconf/apps/compiz/

and restart gnome. But it doesn't work for me too:)

Giulio