Re: kernel compile.again.

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 10:57:47AM +0100, Jo Shields wrote:
> > What is odd, also, is that debian linux-images:  2.6.18-1-amd64 and
> > 2.6.17-2-amd64 won't boot my machine either!Thanks for the replies,
>
> What precisely is happening when you try & boot your system? Do you have
> some some specific error or diagnostic information that could be used to
> find what the issue is?

It's good to see other people have the same problem with anything later
than 2.6.16 :)

In my case the kernel just stops after:
Initializing Cryptographic API
io scheduler noop registered
io scheduler anticipatory registered (default)
io scheduler deadline registered
io scheduler cfq registered

in 2.6.16.24 the next lines would be the RTC driver, agpgart and serial
with my monolitic kernel config.

--

 When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

   Daniel Tryba