Re: bind mounts and shutdown sequence

> > On Thursday 19 October 2006 15:33, Stephen Olander Waters wrote:
> >> I am running sid with amd64 architecture. I also have a chroot
> >> called /x86 to run openoffice, acroread, boinc, etc. In my /etc/fstab, I
> >> have several bind mounts into /x86.
> >>
> >> When I run "shutdown -h now" or "shutdown -r now", the shutdown sequence
> >> stops with an error after stopping all the processes. I have to use Alt
> >> +SysRq to reboot. However, the shutdown sequence works OK if I manually
> >> unmount the bind mounts before executing "shutdown".
> >>
> >> Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
> >>
> >> I can file a bug once I figure out what script is dying (it's hard for
> >> me to tell because the machine is unusable except Alt+SysRq!)

I've seen this sometimes. I have set up a chroot on my laptop a few
times and on one of the installations, I had this problem. Unfortunately
I've now wiped that system and the two I have now don't exhibit that
behaviour.  I wrote a short script to unmount the shares.  This was
using cifs which is where I thought the problem lay.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...