Re: bind mounts and shutdown sequence

On 10/19/06, Stephen Olander Waters <debian@luy.info> wrote:
> I am running sid with amd64 architecture. I also have a chroot
> called /x86 to run openoffice, acroread, boinc, etc. In my /etc/fstab, I
> have several bind mounts into /x86.
>
> When I run "shutdown -h now" or "shutdown -r now", the shutdown sequence
> stops with an error after stopping all the processes. I have to use Alt
> +SysRq to reboot. However, the shutdown sequence works OK if I manually
> unmount the bind mounts before executing "shutdown".
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
>
> I can file a bug once I figure out what script is dying (it's hard for
> me to tell because the machine is unusable except Alt+SysRq!)

Here is the error message I'm getting
---
Asking non-system processes to terminate..done
Killing non-system processes ...error: '/etc/init.d/rc'
exited outside the expected codeflow.
INIT: no more processes in this runlevel
---

Here is my /etc/fstab
---
#
<pass>
/dev/hda1       /boot  ext3   defaults  0      2
/dev/hda2 /x86      ext3   defaults 0 2
/dev/hda3 /  ext3   defaults,errors=remount-ro 0      1
/dev/hda4 /home ext3 defaults 0 2
/dev/hdc       /ls120 ext2 defaults,user 0 0
/dev/hdc       /floppy vfat defaults,user 0 0
/dev/cdrom                     /cdrom iso9660 user,ro 0 0
proc            /proc         proc   defaults                   0      0
sysfs /sys sysfs none 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts none 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0

# x86 mounts
/home           /x86/home none  bind            0       0
/tmp            /x86/tmp none   bind            0       0
/dev            /x86/dev none   bind            0       0
sysfs           /x86/sys sysfs  none            0       0
proc            /x86/proc proc  defaults        0       0