Re: LVM root?

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 11:03:47AM -0400, dtutty@porchlight.ca wrote:
> re /boot:  old habits die hard.  The wisdom I learned was that its less
> likely to get corrupted.  If that's not an issue anymore, then I can
> forget it.

I haven't seen any corruption in a long time running ext3.  Corrupt root
filesystem is also likely to be a bigger problem in general where a
seperate /boot wouldn't help at all.

> Re root:  200 MB is twice what I've ever needed, with /tmp, /usr, /var,
> and /home on separate partitions.  I doubled it so I wouldn't have to
> resize it later.  What would you suggest?

I didn't see /tmp listed anywhere, so I was wondering.

> If the swap on an LV doesn't add overhead, then it seems like a great
> idea.

No overhead I have ever noticed.  Any overhead would be completely
insignificant compared to the overhead of swapping to disk.