Re: Installing Intel Fortran Compiler

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 08:06:44AM -0300, Jo?o Marcelo wrote:
> Well, i really hope that some day gnu fortran can be as good as or even better than the others fortran compilers. I don't like closed source software and i think that the gnu c compiler is way better than any other C compiler. I'm a CS student and i don't love fortran. To me, it would really be great if all the researchers here in my college took some C lessons. But since I'm a employee, i'll have to install Intel Fortran.

Well gcc is certainly top compiler for portability.  For optimization it
leaves a lot to be desired, but it is something that is being worked on,
although getting people to volunteer time to make optimizer code is
probably hard.  It is hardly glorious code that lots of people will
notice you for, and probably not very exciting code either.  They will
notice if you do it wrong though. :)