Re: USB rescue/boot disk

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:29:04 +0200, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:

> I want a bootable USB stick that will boot any machine that allows me to
> boot from USB: a Debian Live USB (and not CD). ...
>
> Is it actually possible to create an USB rescue/boot disk that contains
> a Debian Etch AMD64  or i386 based installation? Is there an image
> available somewhere?

When talking about rescue Live CD, IMHO, nothing comes close to grml
(grml.org).

What's more exciting is that it also come with an 55M alternative iso,
which is ideal for a Live USB. It is a pure Debian 386 based Live
system that will boot any machine that allows booting usb.

The root fs is read only, so it should be usb friendly.

http://grml.org/faq/#grmlsmall

tong