Re: How to search for needelessly installed library packages ?

On Saturday 09 September 2006 13:13, Ernest jw ter Kuile wrote:
> It's not as is my disk is full, but every now and then I like to cleanup a
> bit.
>
> Over the years I have accumulated many packages the were installed because
> of some dependancy that no longer applies.
>
> Anybody here that can either give a quick course, or give a pointer to
> information on how to search for packages that are libraries with no
> dependancies other than their own docs and/or their -dev version ?

hmm, try a:
aptitude --purge-unused upgrade

in general, if you try to use aptitude, it has automatic removal of unused
packages, every time you install, upgrade or remove something. Both
command-line and gui are wonderful!

Cheers,
Dimitris