How to search for needelessly installed library packages ?

It's not as is my disk is full, but every now and then I like to cleanup a bit.

Over the years I have accumulated many packages the were installed because of some dependancy
that no longer applies.

Anybody here that can either give a quick course, or give a pointer to information on how to search for packages that
are libraries with no dependancies other than their own docs and/or their -dev version ?

I had a look at cruft, but that only checks for file which do not appear in the package database. This is is
good for cleaning up too, but not for search for packages which are perfectly well installed but which
have no usefull dependancy.

Actually, _is_ there some kind of mark on packages which were installed only to satisfy a dependancy ?

Cheers,

Ernest.