Re: which package to play DVD's ???
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: which package to play DVD's ???
- From: Andrew Sharp <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 15:06:35 -0700
- Message-id: <20060908220635.GA14306@viking>
- In-reply-to: <20060906132038.GA31753@TPAlbert.ximeswien.local>
- References: <20060906125919.GC19580@localhost.localdomain> <20060906132038.GA31753@TPAlbert.ximeswien.local>
On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 03:20:38PM +0200, Albert Dengg wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 07:59:19AM -0500, helices wrote:
> > What do you think?
> well, i personally user xine-ui or mplayer from
> deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main
Well, slightly OT because this isn't about DVDs, but currently mplayer
and xine both have the same bug when playing mpeg4's -- they show only
the upper left corner of the content in the video window. vlc is not
having this problem, but vlc has other annoyances, one of which is that
it is somewhat cruder. This issue with mp4's is not amd64 specific,
it is the same on my 32 bit boxen. This is for etch. Older versions
of both those programs work fine. I don't know if they are both using
the same broken library/codec or what, but vlc uses a slightly different
version of one of the libraries.