Re: which package to play DVD's ???
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: which package to play DVD's ???
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Albert Dengg)
- Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:20:38 +0200
- Message-id: <20060906132038.GA31753@TPAlbert.ximeswien.local>
- In-reply-to: <20060906125919.GC19580@localhost.localdomain>
- References: <20060906125919.GC19580@localhost.localdomain>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 07:59:19AM -0500, helices wrote:
> Which package are you using to play DVD's?
> I am having problems with ogle; which I selected, because I did NOT know
> which package to use, and google search shows ogle all over the first
> page of search results.
> I do NOT find any mention of "copy protection" on the three (3) DVD's
> that I am trying to play.
well CSS (which is realy actually more an encryption then an copy
protection) is seldomly mentioned but you will find very few dvd to buy
(not self recorded) that do not use CSS). there is a package for
libdvdcss though in the mentioned archive below (but be aware of the
patent and dmca isussues involved with that lib...)
> What do you think?
well, i personally user xine-ui or mplayer from
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main
works like a charm for me
Albert Dengg <email@example.com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----