Re: chroot and ia32libs combined

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:25:21 -0500,
Owen Heisler <owenh000@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 13:45 -0500, Seb wrote:

[...]

> Installed firefox, mplayer, w32codecs, realplayer (last 3 from
> Marillat's repos).  I haven't tested mplayer yet, but realplayer has quite
> jumpy video (not smooth), which got me thinking about the /dev mount.  Any
> further ideas on that welcome.

> > Sorry, I can't help you there.  Perhaps someone else...

It must have been some temporary web problem, as it ran fine later.

[...]

> > I have the Etch version of Firefox installed on the 64-bit side, and the
> > Sid version of Firefox installed in the chroot.  I use the 64-bit one
> > except for when I want to be able to use Flash, then I run the 32-bit
> > one.  Every time I switch, it runs the extension compatibility wizard.
> > Luckily, the versions are very close, so nothing is ever changed (else
> > it would just disable certain extensions, I think).  So I guess it isn't
> > "handled"; the apps just do as they would across version changes.

I'm in the same situation with Firefox as you are, but do not see the
extension compatibility wizard kicking in.  The danger I see is the 64-bit
and 32-bit versions modifying ~/.mozilla differently, which may mess the
files up at some point.

Thanks again,

--
Seb