mixing Fortran (77) and C code with gcc-gfortran 4.1 on amd64?

	Hello, this is probably offtopic, so feel free to answer off the
list, if you prefer. Some time ago, I wrote a piece of software which mixed
C and Fortran 77. This was relatively clean and somewhat portable, since I
included f2c.h to get the type definitions to coincide between C and F77 in
function calls. Now I would like to use gfortran and gcc 4.1, but it looks
like gfortran uses a different ABI to interface with subroutines. Is there a
(somewhat) clean and portable way to call C functions from F77 and vice
versa, using gfortran and gcc 4.1? I would be happy to Read The Fine Manual
on this topic, but it seems this section (which was present in the info
documentation of good ol' gcc/g77 3.4) apparently is nowhere to be found in
the documentation to gcc/gfortran 4.1... (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Any clue? Thanks
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)

Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'
risultato non infetto.