Re: [POLL] To continue 64 or not?

On 9/1/06, edwardsa <edwardsa@afrl.kirtland.af.mil> wrote:
> I can't import powerpoint files. For a government lab, where
> productivity can, at times, seem synonymous with productivity, this
> can be really annoying. I'm a chroot now.
What I really meant was that power point can, at times, seem synomymous
with productivity. AFIK, productivity is always synonymous with
productivity.

As far as I can tell, endemic use of PowerPoint can be life-threatening...

"It is easy to understand how a senior manager might read this
PowerPoint slide and not realize that it addresses a life-threatening
situation," the Columbia Accident Investigation Board concluded,
citing Tufte's work. The board devoted a full page of its 2003 report
to the issue, criticizing a space agency culture in which, it said,
"the endemic use of PowerPoint" substituted for rigorous technical
analysis.

Of course, then, there's the Truly Great PowerPoint presentation...
http://www.norvig.com/Gettysburg/
Oddly enough, this is completely standard behaviour for shells. This
is a roundabout way of saying `don't use combined chains of `&&'s and
`||'s unless you think Gödel's theorem is for sissies'.