Re: ATA abnormal status

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 10:16:30PM +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:
[snip]
> Any guess at what that means? I naively understand it was failure by the OS,
> not failure of hardware.

I had the same errors on a Tyan K8SSA and first thought it was a
software/kernel problem with the sata controller/driver. But then one
disk suddenly died (no problems where found til the failure (smartctl))
and got replaced by a new one. The machine has been running flawless
since.

It might be a coincidence, but just to show you you might have a
hardware problem.

--

 When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

   Daniel Tryba