Re: chroot with NIS

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 11:35:52AM +0200, Bernd Schubert wrote:

> for us it was just sufficient to bind mount /var/yp into the chroot
> environment.

This should be the only unusual thing that is required.  The ypbind
daemon maintians state in this directory which tells applications that
need to get information from the NIS server where to look.  Everything
else works over the network.

>              Of course, you need to adjust the
> chroots /etc/passwd, /etc/group and /etc/nssswitch.conf.

You shouldn't need to update nsswitch.conf for normal password access.