Re: compile

Francesco Pietra wrote:
I already received (with thanks) useful guidelines how to compile but I realize that I have to clear my mind and perhaps also my computer to succeed.

First what ./configure -linux requests:
---g77 and gcc found and accepted.
---Libraries are tested for existence in this order:
libacml.a libmkl.so libmkl_p3.a libatlas.a libblas.a

libacml.a is the AMD Core Maths Library, a proprietary maths library optimised for AMD opteron.

libmkl.so and libmkl_p3.so are the Intel Math Kernel Library - see above, but read "Intel" instead of "AMD"

libatlas.a is from the atlas3-base-dev package

libblas.a is from the atlas3-base-dev or refblas3-dev packages (for the Atlas version, your directory search must include /use/lib/atlas/)

As per usual, there is no reason to download any tarballs and break package management, unless you want to use one of the proprietary versions.