Re: gfortran and a compilation

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 07:16 +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:

> Stefano, accepting your experience I started preparing Makefile.config
> indicaring g77 for Fortran and gcc for C (I am at amd64 debian etch, parallel
> machine dual opteron) yesterday I went on obtaining successfully
> makefile.config and an invite to run make, although none of the mathem
> libraries had been found. The program specifically said "should I proceed
> without"? I said yes, but I did not run make.

I don't have experience of GAMESS's compilation. I only have experience
of Dalton and, obviously, of my programs. I have etch AMD64 and I know
that g77 and gfortran are two distinct compilers. The installation of
gfortran or g77 is not automatic with the installation of gcc. Moreover
maybe you need other mathematical libraries ....
I have often added (manually) symbolic link to satisfy the dependencies
of configure (for example
"ln -s /usr/lib/libblas.so.3 /usr/lib/libblas.so").
I don't know the reason for which the symbolic links as libblas.so ->
libblas.so.3 are not always created. In these cases, nevertheless, the
configure is not able to find the libraries.

Stefano