Re: apparent crashes persist.

hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
vesa drivers without nvidia glx: firefox still crashes, only more slowly. Look like nvidia's stuff is off the hook.

I'd definitely try memtest86+. Install, reboot, pick the option from GRUB and let it run overnight.

I have a similar setup to yours, and was having random lock-ups, etc. Turns out I had some dodgy RAM that memtest86+ picked up within 10 minutes of running. Replaced with a proper brand (GEiL); works a charm now.

--
Nelson Menezes