Re: [SPAM] Re: XFS, EXT3 or some other?

On Thursday 22 June 2006 00:23, Gabor Gombas wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 09:58:47AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> > Of course it is quite likely reiserfs has gotten more stable in the
> > couple of years since I stopped using it.
>
> According to what I read here and there. reiserfs3 stabilized after Hans
> Reiser had abandoned it and Chris Mason from SuSE took over
> maintainership. AFAIR it was Chris Mason who implemented ordered mode
> for reiser3, and it was Hans Reiser who opposed Chris' work saying it
> would keep people using reiser3 instead of testing/developing reiser4
> (AFAIK at that time reiser4 was not even near being usable).
>
> So right now reiser3 should be stable and is backed by a big distro
> (SuSE), while reiser4 is still far from being integrated into the
> vanilla kernel and thus should be treated with some care. On the other
> hand reiser4 has some really new concepts so if someone likes to
> experiment, reiser4 is a good opportunity.

Out of SuSe - which I do not know - may I ask about debian etch (32 and 64):
reiser3, reiser4, or even some other reiser#? Just because I took that, as
reiserfs, for good (and I am long using it at 32bit without problems; now
also at 64bit). Presently my problems are not there; they are about putting
mpqc at work with "difficult" molecules: so far - despite my initial
enthusiasm - it has failed badly.

thanks
francesco pietra