Re: Installing Debian (Sarge, 64 bit) on AM2 platform fails

Jack Malmostoso <jackmalmostoso@freesurf.ch> writes:
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 05:20:05 +0200, m.v.wesstein wrote:
>
>> Oh well, then I'll build a kernel from scratch myself (2.6.17,
>> latest from kernel.org). No problem building the kernel and the modules,
>> but after that I got stuck as I didn't have the initrd-tools to make an
>> initrd image for that new kernel. The initrd-tools require cpio, which
>> requires libc6 >=2.3.5 but I only have 2.3.2 as most recent available.
>>
>> Basicly, I'm stuck now. Any idea's?
>
> Don't know if you *really* need Sarge, but just get yourself the
> linux-image deb from unstable and its dependencies and install that
> one.

A better idea is to grab them from http://backports.org/, where you will
face a much less tough time than doing the backporting yourself.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact@digital-infrastructure.com.au