OT: Re: multiprocessor

Francesco Pietra wrote:
> Mother bowrd Tyan K8WE S 2895, two 265 dual opteron, all eight slots of ram
> filled (1 GB each)
>
> At computer on:
> CPU0=Dual Core amd64 opteron 265
> CPU1=Dual Core amd64 opteron 265

Hi,.. this is off topic:
I have the same board with  two 275 Opterons and these days where its
hot here in Munich (for what we are used to here) I have enormous heat
Problems.

I'm using BIOS Version 1.03 of the board and it shows me about the
following temeratures:
CPU0 45° C
CPU1 73° C (I think this must be a BIOS error)
Ambient 50 °C

And this when the systems does nothing (expect from running X and the
usual stuff).

Also the chipsets get very hot...

Could you please tell me your experiences with that board?

Thanks,
Chris.