postinstall of x11-common fails

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 08:31:28AM -0400, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 12:40:21PM +0200, Toon Moene wrote:
> > Like this:
>
> Late last night, when I was too tired to organise going to bed, I found
> this page, on migrating Xorg 6.9 to xorg 7.0.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Xorg69To7
>
> I decided to wait a few days until my mission-critical projects could be
> put on hold before doing the upgrade.
>
> I quote below from the immediately relevant part, but I think it may
> help you to read the whole thing before doing another thing to your
> installation.  I hope it isn't too late already.
>
> -- hendrik

Deep in the middle of the xorg upgrade on my AMD-64.  Actually, I'm
probably only barely started.

I went ahead and started to upgrade anyway.  Following directions on
the wiki page, I first upgraded x11-common, and was told the upgrade
failed; specifically because the symbolic link /usr/include/X11
did not exist.
This was while processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/x11-common_1%3a7.0.20_amd64.deb

SHould I create this link manually?  Or will that break the package
(whatever it is) that is *supposed* to have installed it?
If so, where should it point?

-- hendrik