Re: samba: untrusted packages ???

* Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> [2006:06:04:08:22:41+0200] scribed:
> helices <helices@helices.org> writes:
>
> > What do you think?
>
> I think you need to read more. Google a bit and read what errors and
> warnings you get from commands.

Since I updated yesterday, and attempted the samba install, the
repository went from this:

    # apt-cache policy samba
    samba:
      Installed: (none)
      Candidate: 3.0.22-1
      Version table:
         3.0.22-1 0
            500 ftp://mirrors.kernel.org unstable/main Packages
         3.0.14a-3 0
            100 ftp://debian.csail.mit.edu sarge/main Packages
            100 ftp://ftp.at.debian.org sarge/main Packages
            100 ftp://mirror.espri.arizona.edu sarge/main Packages

To this:

    # apt-cache policy samba samba-common samba-doc
    samba:
      Installed: 3.0.22-1
      Candidate: 3.0.22-1
      Version table:
     *** 3.0.22-1 0
            700 ftp://mirrors.kernel.org etch/main Packages
            700 ftp://mirrors.kernel.org testing/main Packages
            500 ftp://mirrors.kernel.org unstable/main Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
         3.0.14a-3 0
            100 ftp://debian.csail.mit.edu sarge/main Packages
            100 ftp://ftp.at.debian.org sarge/main Packages
            100 ftp://mirror.espri.arizona.edu sarge/main Packages

Now, of course, the installation went without a hitch; and samba is
installed and functioning.

However, back to my original problem: what caused the original error?

    untrusted versions of the following packages will be installed

Yes, I googled; and I found several indications of issues with gpg key.
So, is this really an apt-key issue, again?

How can this be?  I have been installing from mirrors.kernel.org for a
long time; and onto this new amd64 box for at least one week.

The only difference that I see is:

    unstable/main Packages

    -- vs --

    etch/main Packages

So, I have to ask, are there _different_ keys required for etch and
unstable?

What do you think?  Am I on the right track?

--
Best Regards,

helices
-