commercial programs on debian

Hi,

I'm agree with wour point of view. There is a lot of developpement to do on free software. but remember licences are for close market and to have captive user due to the data format, driver, no interoperative system....
this is the goal for commercial.

Remember free will never tell that any think to do ;)

With commercial the future may be :
each time you want to do code you may paid a licence.
If you dont paid it a crime.
and you must to do what the software want (new slave)

That's right debian is not perfect and we have some problem. There is great amelioration last years, and I hope it will continu.
all people can contribute

regards
Michel
Hi again
Thank you Goswin and Alexander for nice ideas. I will do something into these directions. About the idea below. Debian and more or less Linux has now been banned from my institution even if I have been able to solve a lot of peoples problems with it. Looking at a guy copying plots directly from some commercial program >into Word on a Windows computer, 10 to 100 times faster than I can do with >gnuplot makes me wonder if I am on the right track. The programs that I have mentioned need to work on Debian and they need to work better with open source programs if I will be able to continue use Debian or even Linux for the desktop applications. I could switch to Windows, get a perfect GUI and run the calculations on a Linux backend as most people do. It might save >me time.

Regards
Gudjon