Re: Installer error: Failure trying to run: chroot /target mount -t proc proc /proc

Robert Hulme wrote:

I'm trying to install Etch on a Dual Opteron 265 using the Tyan K8SRE
motherboard.

Which one?? with the Nvidia chipset? What part number Tyan SXXXX?

When I get to the stage of installing the base system it downloads all
the packages then comes up with the error "Debootstrap warning -
Installer error: Failure trying to run: chroot /target mount -t proc
proc /proc" and won't proceed any further.

If I Alt-F4 it says:
debootstrap: chroot:
debootstrap: cannot execute mount
debootstrap: : No such file or directory

I found this problem - /target/proc never got created.

so just before that step I did Alt-F2 and
#chroot /target
#mkdir /proc

as soon as the commands became available.

Sadly, once this is fixed I couldn't get the kernel installed in a bootable condition.

I've tried the daily, weekly, and r2 etch installer :-(

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.    		       WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

Any cat would tell you that you can only wash one paw at a time;
while we try to do everything at once. -kps