Re: xorg 7

Vadym Honcharuk wrote:
Dan Serban wrote:

Alejandro Barcena Campos wrote:

I upgraded Xorg to version 7... I didn't realise that
xserver-xorg-input-mouse wasn't instalable... now I can't startx since I
have no core pointers...

any sugestions?

Thanks,
Alejandro

Check your /etc/apt/sources.list and make sure it points to the main debian archive. ie:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

or if you're in Deutschland:

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

That is the main source of upgrade issues (packages missing) since the amd64 arch became official.

when amd64 port will become full usable? at least system+Xorg+KDE...

The amd64 architecture _is_ fully usable, in order to use the archives, you must use the unstable distribution. Sarge and currently etch are still on the old mirrors. I believe etch will be updated on the main archive soon or closer to release.

(I assume you're not running sarge since you're playing with xorg 7)

for example sarge not proper for me as I have enough new hardware. what I should do to install Debian 64 in this case?

If you are having troubles with the installer, you may want to search for the daily snapshots (I'm sorry I don't remember the site) but a simple google search will help.
-vadym