Re: xorg 7

Dan Serban wrote:

Alejandro Barcena Campos wrote:

I upgraded Xorg to version 7... I didn't realise that
xserver-xorg-input-mouse wasn't instalable... now I can't startx since I
have no core pointers...

any sugestions?

Thanks,
Alejandro

Check your /etc/apt/sources.list and make sure it points to the main debian archive. ie:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

or if you're in Deutschland:

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free

That is the main source of upgrade issues (packages missing) since the amd64 arch became official.

when amd64 port will become full usable? at least system+Xorg+KDE...

(I assume you're not running sarge since you're playing with xorg 7)

for example sarge not proper for me as I have enough new hardware. what I should do to install Debian 64 in this case?

-vadym